- a soldier of the American Revolution whose troops helped capture Fort Ticonderoga from the British (1738-1789)
How To Use Ethan Allen In A Sentence
- Why, Ethan Allen himself couldn't have handcrafted a finer spice rack.
- Ethan Allen was a freethinker, as atheists were known as back then.
- Authorities are conducting a battery of tests on the ill-fated Ethan Allen to try and determine why the boat capsized on Lake George.
- Although anciently used for fishing and farming by the Abenaki natives and home to Ethan Allen in the 1780s, in the early 20th century this area was used as a municipal dump.
- Smaller studios have offered customization for years, but more mainstream manufacturers such as Ethan Allen and Thomasville are offering an increasing amount of customization.
- During this time, he purchased a farm in Addison, it is supposed of Ira Allen, a brother of the redoubtable Ethan Allen; but the title proved, as so often happened, with the early settlers to be defective. Log-book of Timothy Boardman Kept On Board The Privateer Oliver Cromwell, During A Cruise From New London, Ct., to Charleston, S. C., And Return, In 1778; Also, A Biographical Sketch of The Author.
- Thomas Paine, Ethan Allen and others were also fervent supporters of this doctrine.
- But after years of armed struggle against New York's royal governors and sheriffs over the New Hampshire Grants, 37-year-old Ethan Allen—tall, muscular and "a commanding figure in his forest green greatcoat and sheared beaver tricorn hat"—and his Green Mountain Boys were ready to fight for independence. Founding Father (Of Vermont)