[ US /ˈɛtˈsɛtɝə/ ]
- continuing in the same way
additional unspecified odds and ends; more of the same
his report was full of etceteras
How To Use etcetera In A Sentence
- There were neither lifeboats nor mortar-apparatus in those days, but there were the same willing hearts and stout arms then as now, and in a marvellously short space of time, hundreds of the able-bodied men of the town, gentle and semple, were assembled on these wild cliffs, with torches, rope, etcetera; in short, with all the appliances for saving life that the philanthropy of the times had invented or discovered. The Lighthouse
- No, we're paving over the prime farmland as Americans flee out into exurbia, trying to flee the overcrowded housing stock in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, etcetera.
- I've always said "etcetera", but at a recent conference I heard "et see LinuxQuestions.org
- There's ample power in the Treasury Department and the Energy Department, etcetera to get these things done," he insisted, "and I don't think there should be a commissar, which is really what this is. Common Folk Using Common Sense
- I agree that there exists a way to avoid window breakage, but a huge fence, etcetera, is quite expensive. Blaster Master fire storm
- Every god gave different main abilities; Edea gave mastery of the white fire, Death gave mastery of necromancy, Pyro gave mastery of fire, etcetera.
- his report was full of etceteras
- And yet, while there are some common themes within the "random" mix that have been witnessed many times over the past 150+ years such as discoid objects, spheres [both metallic and illumined], and more recently large black triangles [plus "humanoid" varieties of entities], etcetera, can we suppose these more common "display patterns" to be the "signal within the noise"? Posthuman Blues
- Apart from the already existing possibilities for collaboration and document management, integrating with OpenOffice.org, work is continuing for easier integration with much more software, will the suite be modularised, are tool for web-document integration on their way, is the function for Extensions enhanced. etcetera. OpenOffice.org Conference 2008 – everything is different
- This insecurity of resorting to “brand names” like Kennedy’s, Clinton’s, Bush’s etcetera is SAD! Presidents Past, Present and Future - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com