and others ('et al.' is used as an abbreviation of `et alii' (masculine plural) or `et aliae' (feminine plural) or `et alia' (neuter plural) when referring to a number of people)
the data reported by Smith et al.
- and elsewhere (used when referring to other occurrences in a text)
How To Use et al. In A Sentence
- Ralphs et al. suggested no difference in locoweed consumption between native cattle and cattle introduced to locoweed under natural grazing conditions.
- Blaschuk, OW, et al. E-cadherin, estrogens and cancer: is there a connection? T.S. Wiley: Estrogen Dilemma: There Is No Dilemma When You Know the Details
- A new interpretation of the forewing venation pattern of the Archaeorthoptera Béthoux and NeI, 2002 (‘orthopteroid’ insects including Orthoptera) was proposed by Béthoux and NeI, and then emended by Béthoux et al. and Béthoux and NeI.
- Regarding proton cancer therapy, Cosgrove, Aro and Green et al.
- Lacouture et al. found that a leukocyte count greater than 15,000/mm3 and a serum glucose greater than 150 mg./dl. are predictive of a serum iron concentration greater than 300 mcg./dl. 4 Iron Poisoning
- In any case, Pang et al. may have unknowingly found an unstated risk for hospital birth of having a mildly premature baby.
- Fisher et al. have discovered that between 1915-1922 and 2007, the shell length of N. lapillus at 19 sites around Mount Desert Island, Maine increased by an average of 22.6%. Archive 2009-04-01
- Seubert J, Yang B, Bradbury JA, Graves J, Degraff LM, et al. (2004) Enhanced postischemic functional recovery in CYP2J2 transgenic hearts involves mitochondrial ATP-sensitive K+ channels and p42/p44 MAPK pathway. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Shulman CE, Dorman EK, Cutts F, Kawuondo K, Bulmer JN, et al. (1999) Intermittent sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine to prevent severe anaemia secondary to malaria in pregnancy: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Hendy et al. resampled the records to equivalent five-year averages and normalized the series to the common period of AD 1860 to 1985. Allen and the "Cool" Medieval Pacific « Climate Audit