[ US /ˈɛstɹədʒən/ ]
- a general term for female steroid sex hormones that are secreted by the ovary and responsible for typical female sexual characteristics
How To Use estrogen In A Sentence
- Several hormones are produced from cholesterol like estrogen and testosteron, cortison and aldactone. Physiology or Medicine 1985 - Press Release
- Endocrine disruptors environmental estrogens enhance autoantibody production by B1 cells. The Autoimmune Epidemic
- Dr. Kristina Durante of The University of Texas at Austin and colleagues found that young women felt more attractive when they had high levels of an estrogen known as estradiol, and they acted on those feelings. whoar.co.nz
- The effect of estrogens on fibrocystic breast disease ( FBD ) are controversial.
- Blaschuk, OW, et al. E-cadherin, estrogens and cancer: is there a connection? T.S. Wiley: Estrogen Dilemma: There Is No Dilemma When You Know the Details
- There were increases in blood levels of the estrogens, estradiol and estrone, and a reduction of the protective HDL cholesterol.
- A was first synthesized in 1891, the first evidence of its estrogenicity came from experiments in the 1930's feeding BPA to ovariectomised rats (Dodds and Lawson 1936, 1938). Consumer Reports Concerned about The Chemical Bisphenol A
- The following medicines may need changes when taken with Kaletra: birth control pills that contain estrogen ( "the pill"), birth control (contraceptive) patches, atorvastatin (Lipitor®), rosuvastatin (Crestor®), efavirenz (Atripla® and Sustiva®), nevirapine (Viramune®), amprenavir WebWire | Recent Headlines
- Fat cells can turn hormones from the adrenal gland into a weak form of oestrogen. Times, Sunday Times
- Theres another band that's fronted by a girl, but that's all the estrogen in this show.