- a rule of evidence whereby a person is barred from denying the truth of a fact that has already been settled
How To Use estoppel In A Sentence
- Historically, both these forms of estoppel are common law developments.
- Nothing in the tenor of that speech suggests that the court was seeking to exclude the operation of issue estoppel in these proceedings.
- Given the absence of any such promise, any claim based on promissory estoppel would fail.
- In the case at bar, it was the facts proved mainly by the plaintiffs that in my view, negatived a claim based on mistake, and raised an Estoppel.
- As such the Defendants are privies in title of the covenantors and bound by the estoppel which bound them.
- The promissory estoppel is my argument with the High Court and I feel that the Full Court overlooked it because they constantly said to us that it was a compromised offer.
- The same plaintiff delivered for crop isn't able to prove that estoppel.
- Meanwhile, in accordance with the principle of honesty and fairness, the doctrine of prosecution history estoppels and plea known technology shall be taken as the exclusion principle.
- In those instances, however, the patentee still might rebut the presumption that estoppel bars a claim of equivalence.
- Both sides agree that the element of detriment is an essential ingredient of proprietary estoppel.