[ US /ˈɛstɝ/ ]
- (Old Testament) a beautiful Jewess chosen by the king of Persia to be his queen; she stopped a plot to massacre all the Jews in Persia (an event celebrated by Jews as the feast of Purim)
- an Old Testament book telling of a beautiful Jewess who became queen of Persia and saved her people from massacre
How To Use Esther In A Sentence
- The ci-devant banker, then a widower with an only daughter, Esther, had journeyed to England.
- Esther. on 01 Jan 2007 at 2: 28 pm sheller and what is the date all the new books are coming out on 10 Jan 2007 at 4: 51 am Jessica Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » INTERVIEW: Erin Hunter
- “Ah, my chilt,” he exclaimed, seeing the bills of exchange, and turning to Esther, “you are de fictim of a torough scoundrel, ein highway tief!” Scenes from a Courtesan's Life
- Mark, Andrew and Esther were in the shop front, serving customers.
- The lectures, by Rebetzin Esther Halberstadt, will include the issues of relevance to the Jewish woman on Jewish marriage, the Jewish home, the Jewish family, and sholom bayis. YESHIVA WORLD NEWS
- Biodiversity FeaturesThere are no endemic mammalmammals in the ecoregion, but many species are known to use mangroves, including the tiger (Panthera tigris), tapir (Tapirus indicus), and siamang (Hylobates syndactylus). Indochina mangroves
- Esther Kläs's engaging, unpretentiously reductive sculpture evokes the postwar, semiabstracted, universalist figures of Reg Butler, Germaine Richier and Kenneth Armitage. Abstracts (Subtle or Semi) And Bold Dimensions
- The festival is based upon the story told in the Book of Esther, a tale of humorous and melodrama parody of palace intrigue, in which the brave Queen Esther and her uncle, Mordecai, save their people from the twisted genocidal plot of the wicked vizar of Persia, Haman. Archive 2006-11-26
- Deceased is survived by his wife Ruth, teenage sons Daniel and Philip, brother Ian, sisters Anne, Esther and Ruth, by brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, neighbours and a wide circle of friends.
- Last year the groos beak didnt arrive on time an Esther got werried and she got the big boid book, opened it to the grossbeak pichur and held it up to the winder calling fer them. Lolcat twin powers - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?