[ US /ˌɛksˈpɹɛˌsoʊ, ˌɛsˈpɹɛsoʊ/ ]
[ UK /ɛspɹˈɛsəʊ/ ]
[ UK /ɛspɹˈɛsəʊ/ ]
- strong black coffee brewed by forcing hot water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans
How To Use espresso In A Sentence
- A Dry Cappuccino is a double shot of espresso with little or no steamed milk, but frothed milk on top.
- Inside, Ms. Savage accented the home's 16-foot coved ceilings—original from 1926—and espresso-colored floors with earth-toned couches and classic pieces, using a long wooden bench as a living room coffee table. A Gossip Girl's Main Stage
- I had to go get a double shot of espresso to calm down.
- Based on the number of coffee cans I found in his garbage a few weeks ago, I'd say he drinks 8-9 pots of coffee every day, or about 30 shots of espresso.
- In the U.S. you can get some pretty great decaf from a number of sources: the aforementioned Terroir Coffee for lighter roasts, and for deeply-roasted plunger pot or espresso-style decaf try the Sumatra or any other decaf from Peets (www. peets.com). Buying and brewing good coffee in Mexico
- The meal comes to a leisurely close with wedges of custard-filled torta or purchased almond biscotti served with vin santo, a sweet golden dessert wine, or espresso.
- For reasons of the heart, I was later obliged to dive into Italy's Caffeinated Complications: ristretto vs. espresso, lungo vs. Americano; black vs. 'stained' with warm/cold milk; served in a glass vs. a cup -- and so on. Juliet Linley: Koffee for Kids?
- She said that the staff seemed hyperactively helpful, as if they were on permanent running highs, or triple espressos. Shopping, On the Run
- The aerie overlooked a savannah of cubicles with shelves lined with gizmos, yurtlike conference rooms, and countless microkitchens equipped with goodie-stuffed fridges and high-end espresso machines. In the Plex
- They observe a kind of partial fast in the morning, knocking back a single espresso while standing at the counter and perusing Corriere della Sera, allowing themselves a few bites of brioche con marmellata, so as to enhance the pleasure of their midday pasta and meat, their broccoletta rabi, pollo a la cacciatore, penne amatriciana, spaghetti al mare. The Italian Summer