[ UK /ˈɜːst/ ]
at a previous time
her erstwhile writing
she was a dancer once
at one time he loved her
How To Use erst In A Sentence
- Luckily, I have a very understanding boss.
- The main superstructure frame is formed from reinforced concrete with post-tensioned, ribbed slab floors.
- An established order of seeing, of understanding, of ruling, is simply exploded - the Modernist spirit asserts itself.
- They could rove at will among the stars, and sink like a subtle mist through the very interstices of space.
- It had been always understood, by watchful politicians, that the Repeal agitation slumbered only until the reinstalment of a Conservative administration. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, Volume 54, No. 334, August 1843
- Having drop-dead gorgeous, private, windowed offices makes it a lot easier to recruit the kinds of superstars that produce ten times as much as the merely brilliant software developers.
- To avoid fattening, unhealthful fats, you need to understand what types of foods they are concealed in.
- Work with your staff on understanding the regressive behaviors that may be exhibited.
- Words are confusing, but they're nothing compared to non-words, mainly because non-words lead to rash assumptions and misunderstandings.
- Adolescence causes the four girls to understand their apartness and question their identities.