- British labor leader and statesman who played an important role in diplomacy after World War II (1884-1951)
How To Use Ernest Bevin In A Sentence
- What I do know as a fact that the UK was so bankrupt and war weary at the end of WW2, that it really was unable to cope with the US demand to admit 100,000 DP Jews into Palestine at once and that Ernest Bevin just gave up. The Volokh Conspiracy » What’s Going on With Turkey
- Ernest Bevin, however, was given no advance warning.
- Sir William Beveridge, a member of Churchill's wartime government he actually worked for Labour Minister Ernest Bevin, who wanted to get rid of him because he thought he was conceited, published a long, turgid report with revolutionary implications: "Social Insurance and Allied Services. Robert Teitelman: Brazil, America and the Realities of Private Equity
- Such thinking was influential in the Foreign Office until at least 1948, and was strongly encouraged by Ernest Bevin as foreign secretary.