[ US /ˌɛɹɪˈtɹeɪə, ˌɛɹɪˈtɹiə/ ]
- an African country to the north of Ethiopia on the Red Sea; achieved independence from Ethiopia in 1993
How To Use Eritrea In A Sentence
- Islamists in Eritrea but the National Somali insurgence, which is a most rightful act that perfectly abide by the Principle and Ideals of America's Founding Fathers". ..... Signs of the Times
- Everybody can see the picture of Libya," added Eritrean refugee Shishay Tesfay. World Refugee Day Given Urgency by Arab Spring
- The ‘book’ turned out to be a phone book that contained writings in the Tigrinya alphabet, commonly used in Eritrea. The Volokh Conspiracy » 300 Years Behind the Times
- While Platt was striking into Eritrea, Cunningham began his operations by harassing the Italians with raids from Kenya.
- Secular (non-religious) Eritrean holidays exist as well.
- It is bordered by Eritrea to the north, Djibouti to the east, Kenya to the south, and the Sudan to the west.
- Many of the displaced people came from the Gash Barka and Debub regions in the south - the breadbasket of Eritrea.
- At the border of Eritrea there is an official "shoot-to-kill" policy against anyone attempting to flee the country. Kathryn Cameron Porter: Eritrea: Africa's Human Rights Black Hole
- At the same time, he conducts his analysis with a dispassionate respect that evidences both his years of familiarity with Eritrea and the maturity of his knowledge.
- Ethiopian currency until November 1997 when Eritrea issued its own currency, the nakfa, at approximately the same rate as the birr, i.e., The 1999 CIA Factbook