[ UK /ɛɹˈɪstɪk/ ]
- the art of logical disputation (especially if specious)
- a person who disputes; who is good at or enjoys controversy
- given to disputation for its own sake and often employing specious arguments
How To Use eristic In A Sentence
- During adolescence , boys and girls will take on secondary sexual characteristics.
- Effects of bagging on loquat fruit appearance, postharvest characteristics and quality were studied.
- The problem of environmental pollution roots in the characteristic of public goods and negative externality.
- In one appearance, after the first bout of bombing, he was wearing uncharacteristic horn-rimmed spectacles.
- I found the head of the flat humerus so characteristic of the extinct order to which the Plesiosaurus has been assigned, and two digital bones of the paddle, that, from their comparatively slender and slightly curved form, so unlike the digitals of its cogener the The Cruise of the Betsey or, A Summer Ramble Among the Fossiliferous Deposits of the Hebrides. With Rambles of a Geologist or, Ten Thousand Miles Over the Fossiliferous Deposits of Scotland
- Because characteristic of electron gun job is restricted, scanning frequency included frequency and frequency two concepts.
- Similarly, a firm may value worker characteristics that are unobservable to employment agencies but quite observable to family and friends.
- However peculiarity is a characteristic of all things Royal, not to say outright barminess.
- Granted, we have reams of remote sensing data from that first investigation, including the information from the detailed dissection of the spider biot done by Dr. Laura Ernst. But the cosmonauts brought home only one artifact, a tiny piece of some kind of biomechanical flower whose physical characteristics had already irreversibly changed before any of its mysteries could be understood, We have nothing else in the way of souvenirs from that first excursion. Rama Revisited
- A defining characteristic of the 16-25 generation is their digital identity. Times, Sunday Times