[ UK /ˈɜːɡ/ ]
- a cgs unit of work or energy; the work done by a force of one dyne acting over a distance of one centimeter
How To Use erg In A Sentence
- The Staff of Volans has a limited supply of magic energy. Roll a dice after each spell is cast.
- You think Spielberg would only have a rattletrap third-rate spaceship like the Millennium Falcon to ensure his survival? Does George Lucas think the world will end in 2012?
- Would reverse flow undergravel filtration be better?
- I am told that Ferguson has called me 'unsellable'. The Guardian World News
- The process of inspiration is active and requires energy for muscle contraction.
- He argues that the two main parties are no longer capable of holding together the divergent views within them. Times, Sunday Times
- Because wheat emerges so quickly, weeds must be killed before drilling using tillage or contact herbicides.
- Beetles undergo a complete metamorphosis in their life cycle.
- The causes of asthma are not fully known but it is partly an allergic condition.
- They were energetic, bright eyed, and cheerful.