- an abnormally high degree of irritability or sensitivity to stimulation of an organ or body part
How To Use erethism In A Sentence
- Until the climax of the sexual erethism, woman is for man the acme of supreme desire; but with detumescence the emotions tend to swing to the opposite pole, and excitement and longing are forgotten in the mood of repugnance and exhaustion. Taboo and Genetics A Study of the Biological, Sociological and Psychological Foundation of the Family
- Inhalation of mercury vapor over a long period may cause mercurialism which is characterized by fine tremors and erethism" "" Erethism may be manifested by abnormal shyness, blushing, self-consciousness, depression or despondency, resentment of criticism, irritability or excitability, headache, fatigue and insomnia. THE MERCURY MISCHIEF: As Obama Warns of Hazards, the FDA Approves Mercury Dental Fillings
- Since the eighteenth century, sex has not ceased to provoke a kind of generalized discursive erethism.
- Erethism traditionally is seen in the chronic phase of the toxicity.
- But erethism, as we shall see in another chapter upon the analysis of the sex impulse, is not confined to the sexual organs, but is distributed throughout the entire body, especially through the vascular and nervous systems. A Preliminary Study of the Emotion of Love between the Sexes
- The Professor, already exacerbated by the study of the humanities, was in a state of acute erethism. The War of the Wenuses
- Inhalation of mercury vapor over a long period may cause mercurialism which is characterized by fine tremors and erethism ... Ellen Brown: The Mercury Mischief: As Obama Warns of Hazards, The FDA Approves Mercury Dental Fillings
- We have seen that the chief of these normal foci are situated in the orificial regions where skin and mucous membrane meet, and that the contact of any two orificial regions between two persons of different sex brought together under favorable conditions is apt, when prolonged, to produce a very intense degree of sexual erethism. Studies in the Psychology of Sex, Volume 4 Sexual Selection In Man
- The state we were in was a kind of mental eroticism, an erethism of the mind, akin to that inwardly directed state of arousal achieved by adepts of Tantric yoga.
- The intense excitement of the events had no doubt left my perceptive powers in a state of erethism. The War of The Worlds