the division of the scale based on an octave that is divided into twelve exactly equal semitones
equal temperament is the system commonly used in keyboard instruments
How To Use equal temperament In A Sentence
- He showed that 31-degree equal temperament, with degrees of 38.7¢, gave an excellent rendition of the concordant intervals.
- equal temperament is the system commonly used in keyboard instruments
- Ten of the 12 intervals generated by the analysis of either English or Mandarin vowel spectra are those used in just intonation tuning, whereas 4 of the 12 match the Pythagorean tuning and only 1 of the 12 intervals matches those used in equal temperament. Arguments, agreements, advice, answers, articulate announcements
- We wanted to use equal temperament with wholeness by creating equal-tempered partials but we have also achieved a way of using inharmonic sounds with integrity.
- The middle octave on the piano is shown as a standard example of equal temperament.
- In this equal temperament system of tuning, the frequencies of notes on a keyboard are related by a fairly simple mathematical relationship involving the number of keys (half-steps) between the notes.