(of animals) epidemic among animals of a single kind within a particular region
an epizootic disease
How To Use epizootic In A Sentence
- an epizootic disease
- ‘To date, our country has remained vigilant and successful in keeping out many epizootic diseases that have occurred in some parts of the SADC region,’ said the head of state.
- It occurs most frequently as an epizootic or enzootic disease of herbivores that acquire spores from direct contact with contaminated soil.
- Handel and Van Hemert are authors of two new papers describing what appears to be a building "epizootic," the wildlife equivalent of an epidemic, for which no cause has yet been identified. NYT > Home Page
- Transport to the nearest high-risk material processing plant of animals infected or suspected of being infected with an epizootic disease is rejected because of the danger of propagation of health risks.
- I fear he has the epizootic, which is a very dreadful disease. Lulu, Alice and Jimmie Wibblewobble
- If a commercial breed were to be hit by a devastating epizootic disease, the genes of a hardy rare breed could be used to help re-establish the immunity of a commercial one.
- In the areas the disease occurs annually in epizootic form.
- Active long-term surveillance of zoonotic foci and rapid response to reduce exposure during epizootic outbreaks have been successful in reducing human plague.
- She had learned the symptoms of epizoötic -- whatever that was -- and poll-evil and stringhalt, and had gone from that to making a shopping tour through a Montgomery-Ward catalogue. Sawtooth Ranch