an annual publication containing astronomical tables that give the positions of the celestial bodies throughout the year
today computers calculate the ephemerides
How To Use ephemeris In A Sentence
- Well, it turns out that an accurate ephemeris (position table) of Saturn is useful for solar system tests of general relativity, predicting future occultations and eclipses, and navigation of spacecraft. URSI Update #2
- “Your ephemeris,” she says, finally, with a fair amount of bravado. Vivian Rising
- A lengthy section pursues the connections with myth and the centaurs, and the book ends with an ephemeris for the centaurs Chiron, Pholus and Nessus between the years 1900-2050.
- I sat with an open book, dragging my finger across the ephemeris boxes, scratching my head at logarithms. Vivian Rising
- The navigation message contains the satellite ephemeris, which is a numerical model of the satellite's orbit.
- Still, she pulls out another chart and starts to scribble what she reads on the ephemeris. Vivian Rising
- If Cassini lasts til 2012, then they will have tracked Saturn for one quarter of its orbit, providing excellent data for the ephemeris. Archive 2009-01-08
- The GPS position solution can be improved by using a better satellite ephemeris.
- Astronomy & Astrophysics says the team "presents an accurate, long-term ephemeris," and that "they participated in all the steps of a real research program, from initial observations to the publication process, and the result they obtained bears scientific significance. High School Students Get Published in Astrophysics Journal | Universe Today
- Until the Eastern Han Dynasty, historian with the ephemeris officer is always unity.