[ US /ˈiɑn, ˈiən/ ]
[ UK /ˈiːɒn/ ]
[ UK /ˈiːɒn/ ]
- the longest division of geological time
an immeasurably long period of time
oh, that happened eons ago
- (Gnosticism) a divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe
How To Use eon In A Sentence
- Not bad for someone who failed to shine at school and feared he would end up in a coalyard. The Sun
- I used to think the worst feeling was losing someone you love. But, I was wrong. The worst feeling is the moment you have lost yourself.
- Someone who really wanted to stop unsanctioned immigration would begin here, by busting the small contractors who employ these workers on a contingent basis.
- Remember that even if your surgery is performed in an office or surgicenter, your surgeon should have hospital privileges to perform that procedure. You: On a Diet
- The time it takes to start or stop a stopwatch is the same amount of time it would take for someone driving under the influence to lose control of their vehicle, about seven tenths of a second. News/local from www.dailyamerican.com
- Like Gideon, her mother only existed in scraps of moments, in colors and sound, all disconnected and dissonant.
- Surgeons grafted tissue from her leg to the outside of her brain for protection.
- Word can say so little when someone cares so much. Mother,I'm wishing that these were a way to tell you the things that I'd so like to say How thankful I am and how very proud,too,to have a wonderful mother like you.
- I don't think you're playing devil's advocate (a word every/filmer seems to want use) simply by making entirely senseless comparisons between films like Transformers and There Will Be Blood, and ranting on with points of view that even someone in defense of Transformers would never use. Things I Noticed While Watching 20 Minutes of JJ Abrams’ Star Trek | /Film
- Seven years before US Surgeon General Luther Terry would announce a link between smoking and cancer, this information was political and business dynamite.