[ US /ɛnˈtɹəst/ ]
[ UK /ɛntɹˈʌst/ ]
[ UK /ɛntɹˈʌst/ ]
put into the care or protection of someone
leave your child in the nurse's care
He left the decision to his deputy
confer a trust upon
The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret
I commit my soul to God
How To Use entrust In A Sentence
- This requires that the public and lawmakers have confidence that those entrusted to uphold the law will comply with it themselves, both on and off duty. Times, Sunday Times
- To entrust such commercial affairs to a non-executive board "has potentially disastrous consequences".
- Keeping the performer at ease is usually entrusted to the agent and concert promoter.
- The degrees which Oxford and Cambridge conferred in Grammar did not involve residence or entitle the recipients to a vote in Convocation; but the conferment was accompanied by ceremonies which were almost parodies of the solemn proceedings of graduation or inception in a recognised Faculty, a birch taking the place of a book as a symbol of the power and authority entrusted to the graduand. Life in the Medieval University
- Much of the management of these huge tasks was entrusted to young inexperienced Allied officers. The Collins History of the World in the 20th Century
- He was entrusted with the task of expressing the aims of the project. Times, Sunday Times
- Sustained by the truth received from her divine Founder, the Church has ever sought to fulfill holily the mission entrusted to her by God; unconquered by the difficulties on all sides surrounding her, she has never ceased to assert her liberty of teaching, and in this way the wretched superstition of paganism being dispelled, the wide world was renewed unto Christian wisdom. Libertas Praestantissimum
- No international body is entrusted with the task of prosecuting and punishing those criminal offences.
- Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot - Percy helps Clarisse, when her half brothers, the demigods Phobos (fear) and Deimos (terror) take Ares chariot, which he had entrusted to Clarisse. Dusk Before the Dawn » 2009 » March
- As responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us, we constantly re-evaluate our programs.