[ UK /ɛntˈaɪə/ ]
[ US /ɪnˈtaɪɝ/ ]
[ US /ɪnˈtaɪɝ/ ]
- uncastrated adult male horse
(used of domestic animals) sexually competent
an entire horse
- (of leaves or petals) having a smooth edge; not broken up into teeth or lobes
constituting the undiminished entirety; lacking nothing essential especially not damaged
a local motion keepeth bodies integral
was able to keep the collection entire during his lifetime
fought to keep the union intact
constituting the full quantity or extent; complete
gave full attention
a total failure
an entire town devastated by an earthquake
How To Use entire In A Sentence
- Second, that the entire Reichstag assented to the declarations made by the speakers on Tuesday that the Emperor had exceeded his constitutional prerogatives in private discussion with foreigners concerning Germany's attitude on controverted questions. New York Times Current History: The European War from the Beginning to March 1915, Vol 1, No. 2 Who Began the War, and Why?
- However, we still rely entirely on the generosity of the public for funding.
- Fly fishers in the salt water environment need something entirely different to their freshwater counterpart on the chalk stream, as does the angler who fishes big reservoirs.
- And the prints represent Abstract Expressionism's entire stylistic range, from fast and visceral to cool and ethereal.
- First, the entire science of astronomy had depended on careful measurement from the very beginning.
- Recruit rich white republicunts (carpetbaggers) to swoop in and scoop-up "devalued" (seized from still-exiled owners) properties and change the entire complexion (race, income, politics, everyfuckingthing) of the ENTIRE GREATER NEW ORLEANS AREA. Your Right Hand Thief
- I don't think you're playing devil's advocate (a word every/filmer seems to want use) simply by making entirely senseless comparisons between films like Transformers and There Will Be Blood, and ranting on with points of view that even someone in defense of Transformers would never use. Things I Noticed While Watching 20 Minutes of JJ Abrams’ Star Trek | /Film
- After filling an entire grocery cart, I sent Penny back for a second.
- Her wrists were bound together with rope, and so were her ankles, her neck open to the air and the world, and her entire body was in a guillotine, the blade lingering high above.
- Certainly observant Jews remember the crusaders as evil butchers, who on their way to Jerusalem, slaughtered and massacred many thousands of Jews and decimated entire Jewish communities such as Speyer, Worms and Mayencea and of course, when they arrived in Jerusalem, put the holy Jews of the city to the sword. On Thursday, the Legg report will be published along with...