- any of a group of picornaviruses that infect the gastrointestinal tract and can spread to other areas (especially the nervous system)
How To Use enterovirus In A Sentence
- The picornavirus family includes rhinoviruses and enteroviruses, which cause approximately one half of common colds each year.
- Previous studies have associated enterovirus infections with type I diabetes and pre-diabetes autoimmunity but the findings weren't conclusive. Exercise Boosts Brain Power
- Enteroviruses can cause aseptic meningitis; hand, foot, and mouth syndrome; encephalitis; poliomyelitis; myocarditis; hemorrhagic conjunctivitis; pleurodynia and severe neonatal disease.
- I like to eat sirloin and shrimp intestinal enterovirus.
- When the cause is either an enterovirus or herpes simplex virus, the throat may show tiny blistered or ulcerated areas, and this sometimes helps your child's doctor in making a diagnosis.
- ~ Chronic fatigue linked with enterovirus infection -- "Some patients with chronic fatigue syndrome appear to have a chronic enteroviral infection that can be detected by a stomach biopsy, according to a report in the current Online First issue of the Journal of Clinical Pathology. Speedlinking 9/21/07
- Moreover, Enterovirus infections can cause myocarditis, pneumonia, meningoencephalitis, or even lead to death.
- Immune serum globulin has been used prophylactically and therapeutically against enteroviruses in neonates and immunocompromised patients.
- The enterovirus can be spread through several mediums, including mucus or saliva and food or drink contaminated by the virus, she said.
- Named after Coxsackie, New York, where they were discovered, the coxsackie viruses are part of the enterovirus family of viruses (which also includes echoviruses, polio, and hepatitis A viruses) that live in the human digestive tract.