[ UK /ˈɛntɐ/ ]
[ US /ˈɛnɝ, ˈɛntɝ/ ]
[ US /ˈɛnɝ, ˈɛntɝ/ ]
set out on (an enterprise or subject of study)
she embarked upon a new career
put or introduce into something
insert a picture into the text
take on duties or office
accede to the throne
become a participant; be involved in
enter an agreement
enter a race
enter a drug treatment program
be or play a part of or in
Elections figure prominently in every government program
How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?
- come on stage
to come or go into
the boat entered an area of shallow marshes
- make a record of; set down in permanent form
register formally as a participant or member
The party recruited many new members
How To Use enter In A Sentence
- During the take-over battle the stock quotations of both enterprises rose so that an investor would have to wait several hundred years to finance the purchase price of the shares from the present level of profits.
- Watching celebs suffer from hunger and lack of home comforts is somehow really entertaining. The Sun
- Moreover, she is being asked to do this while remaining scrupulously impartial and keeping the viewer entertained with talk of trade deals, tariffs and employment figures. Times, Sunday Times
- When your bulbs arrive, or you buy them from the garden center, gather everyone together, hand out garden tools and start digging.
- Gone was the prim nodus; instead her long hair was parted in the center and allowed to fall loose under a veil, in a deliberate echo of the statuary poses of classical goddesses. Caesars’ Wives
- Update: BB commenter DHC says, It's worth noting that his is an outtake from a TV show that Warhol developed and aired on Manhattan cable. Boing Boing
- The aristocracy are made to look like buffoons; the women swoon, the maids are oversexed, and the artist himself - the center of everyone's fawning attention - plays the dandy.
- Hamed will go on a publicity tour around the States next week before entering training camp on February 16.
- About 40% of all students entering as freshmen graduate within 4 years.
- You see that you're undershooting and so, leaving the throttle as is, you attempt to flatten your descent path by lifting the nose a bit - and you enter the region of reverse command.