overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
She stuffed herself at the dinner
The kids binged on ice cream
How To Use engorge In A Sentence
- Her menses ceased; her mammæ became engorged and discharged a serous lactescent fluid; her belly enlarged, and both she and her physician felt fetal movements in her abdomen. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine
- These factors either impede blood circulation around the anal area or weaken the surrounding tissues, resulting in blood vessel engorgement and swelling and protrusion of vascular tissue.
- engorgement of the breast
- The bandages substitute for the elasticity lost by tissues engorged with edema.
- By day seven, I was feeling less engorgement in my right breast.
- Sometimes the beating of her heart was so violent that everyone around could observe it; at autopsy it was seen to be engorged with fresh blood.
- The blood vessels through the whole pelvic area also swell, causing engorgement and creating a feeling of fullness and sexual sensitivity.
- The almost-immediate muscle engorgement (and subsequent strength and endurance increases) many bodybuilders experience with creatine can be the best motivator for improved workouts.
- The time right after weaning – once the engorgement is gone and the hormones have settled down a little – has been such a wonderful time for me, with both children. Elegy | Her Bad Mother
- If the pressure is not equalized by a larger volume of gas, the space will be filled by tissue engorged with fluid and blood.