[ US /ɛnˈdaʊ/ ]
[ UK /ɛndˈaʊ/ ]
[ UK /ɛndˈaʊ/ ]
- give qualities or abilities to
furnish with an endowment
When she got married, she got dowered
How To Use endow In A Sentence
- A private benefactor endowed the new Chair of Japanese Literature.
- The watchdog plans to issue formal regulatory guidance setting out how companies should handle endowment complaints and assess where compensation is due.
- A few talented writers en dowed with originality and exceptional animation, a few brilliant efforts, isolated, without following, interrupted and recommenced, did not suffice to endow a nation with a solid and imposing basis of literary wealth. Literary and Philosophical Essays: French, German and Italian
- The state of Michigan has endowed three institutes to do research for industry.
- By appealing to these absolutes, the president has attempted to endow his cause with a kind of ultimacy, in which ‘those who are not for us are against us.’
- It has cut the final bonuses on its with-profits endowments and pension plans for the second time this year.
- In "Sunset Park," Auster is more interested in the neighborhood's vast semi-industrial stretches peppered with nondescript houses, all the better to endow the proceedings with an enforced sense of dreariness. Paul Auster Paints a Dreary Picture In 'Sunset Park'
- The cross is endowed with a special meaning for Christians.
- Suppose we admit that Bernadette was not the shy, simple child we knew her to be; let us endow her with a spirit of intrigue and domination, transform her into a conqueress, a leader of nations, and try to picture what, in that case, would have happened. The Three Cities Trilogy: Lourdes, Complete
- In order to improve product craft, pandora denounce is gigantic endowment from Italy introduced the first set of gold in Asia electroforming machine equipment, the advanced production cheap pandora equipment, the pandora gold beads electroforming furnishing articles products on the market now, can solve the defect that furnishing articles hardness, surface hardness than traditional products increased more than three times. VInvesting.com