- the membrane that lines the cavities of the heart and forms part of the heart valves
How To Use endocardium In A Sentence
- Objective To testify the shape change adaptability of a new automatic echocardial endocardium detector called star algorithm.
- These modified cardiac fibers lie beneath the endocardium.
- Since the advent of antibiotics, however, most infections associated with cerebral abscesses are localized to the lungs and endocardium.
- It is covered by the visceral layer of the serous pericardium (epicardium), and lined by the endocardium. V. Angiology. 4b. The Heart
- It has been known that muscle fibers in a heart are arranged in such a way that their orientation changes continuously from endocardium to epicardium of the free wall.
- The usual pattern of involvement is focal or diffuse plaques of thickened valvular or mural endocardium.
- Affected regions are characterized by a lacelike pattern of adipose infiltration, progressing from epicardium toward the endocardium, and by interposed streams of normal or slightly atrophie myocytes.
- The immune system usually kills these organisms, but sometimes they survive and affect the heart valve or another section of the endocardium.
- In this case, the diffraction became very weak when the beam moved from the endocardial surface into the left ventricle cavity, making it easier to identify the position of the endocardium.
- Reference to the pericardium, epicardium, myocardium, endocardium and valves, chordae, ventricular thicknesses, and aorta and major vessels may be included.