- (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running around the end of the line
How To Use end run In A Sentence
- A guy whose catamite boyfriend runs a homosexual brothel out of their house. Matthew Yglesias » Change . . . If You Want It
- Accordingly he resolved to make an end run around them. THE GUARDSMEN
- Status offense charges served not only as a legal justification to apprehend runaways and to discipline boys who refused to go to school, but also to give the police a means to impose an informal curfew.
- Several beautiful little aquatic plants of the genus Utricularia or bladder-wort also inhabit bromelia leaves; and these send runners out to neighbouring plants and thus spread themselves with great rapidity. Darwinism (1889)
- Top University of Arizona administrators and astronomers celebrated this legislative end run by throwing a party, the centerpiece of which was a papier-mâché piñata in the shape of a Mount Graham red squirrel.
- This 18-volt light offers 500 lumens of searing white light for 20 minutes, or you can employ the 250-lumen lamp assembly to extend run time to one hour.
- Gonzalez found that the I-83 campaign was an attempt to have what he called a revote or an "end run" after voters narrowly approved the 14-mile Green Line two years ago. Sound Politics: King County Judge Rules Against Monorail Recall
- We have a skeleton crew here now, but as soon as the phone stops ringing I am going to hire a second crew and then a third shift and do a weekend run.
- As November approaches, pursuers of salmon inevitably home in on those Scottish rivers with a reputation for providing a good back-end run.
- Here's how the Unicom end run works: Users buy iPhones from Apple stores in Beijing or Shanghai or at nationwide retailer Suning and get a China Mobile service contract if they don't have one.