[ UK /ɛnsˈɪklɪkəl/ ]
[ US /ɛnˈsɪkɫɪkəɫ/ ]
[ US /ɛnˈsɪkɫɪkəɫ/ ]
intended for wide distribution
an encyclical letter
- a letter from the pope sent to all Roman Catholic bishops throughout the world
How To Use encyclical In A Sentence
- He was the Papal Nuncio to Germany, and he also wrote Mit Brenender Sorge, the encyclical letter released by Pius XI that soundly condemned The Nazi's. Texas Faith: Should government practice social justice? | RELIGION Blog | dallasnews.com
- Those who proclaim God as love unto the end, must give the witness of love: devoted to the suffering in love, fending off hatred and enmity - the social dimension of the Christian Faith, of which I have spoken in the encyclical "Deus caritas est". Papal Letter about the Lifting of the SSPX Excommunications - the Letter Itself
- Leo XIII wrote some eleven encyclicals on the rosary and decided that October would be dedicated to it.
- Encyclicals have long been considered an imperfect genre, hampered by their style and hamstrung by the need to reconcile competing political and bureaucratic factions.
- an encyclical letter
- Similarly, he discusses two papal encyclicals that express views of marriage different from those that had prevailed earlier.
- The encyclical was published before the Aids virus had first been identified. Times, Sunday Times
- Catholic Doctrine: (i) All men are equal in that all come from the hand of the same Creator, all have been redeemed by Jesus Christ, and all will be judged, rewarded or punished by God according to the exact measure of their merits and demerits. (cf encyclical Quod Apostolici muneris (Pope Leo XIII), Dec. 28, 1878). Archive 2007-10-14
- The next issue will include an examination of the new encyclical, Ecclesia de Eucharistia, issued this past Holy Week, looking with particular interest at what it says about intercommunion between Catholics and other Christians.
- The Pope issued 13 encyclicals, including three on socio-economic questions, and wrote several best-selling books.