[ UK /ɛnkˈəʊd/ ]
[ US /ɛnˈkoʊd/ ]
[ US /ɛnˈkoʊd/ ]
convert information into code
encode pictures digitally
How To Use encode In A Sentence
- The unit can connect to any video source that has composite video and stereo audio RCA jacks, though the encoded audio is limited to mono.
- Homeobox genes encode transcription factors involved in many aspects of developmental processes.
- Holography not only maps the intensities of the light, as do normal diffraction patterns, it also encodes information about the phases of the light that is otherwise intrinsically lost.
- It packs motorized faders, multifunction rotary encoders and a host of keys.
- The term proteome “proteins that are encoded and expressed by a genome” was coined in 1994 by Marc Wilkins, then a graduate student at Macquarrie University in Sydney, Australia. The Right Word in the Right Place at the Right Time
- The MovieBook VPD550T can play back video encoded in a large number of formats, such as DAT, Softpedia News - Global
- Two catalytic subunits of PP2A are encoded by two closely related genes, ppa1 + and ppa2 +, and strains in which both genes are disrupted are inviable.
- This is consistent with the proposal that the cerebellar cortex contains an internal representation of gravitational torques which is encoded through a learning process. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- They found that never-smokers had more mutations in the genes that encode molecules called epidermal growth factor receptors EGFRs, which receive signals on cell membranes, than current or former smokers. Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion
- The remainder of the protein components in these complexes is encoded in the nucleus.