incidentally; in the course of doing something else
he made this remark in passing
- (chess) a chess pawn that is moved two squares can be captured by an opponent's pawn commanding the square that was passed
How To Use en passant In A Sentence
- Maneuvers such as castling or capturing '' en passant '' have been developed within the past few hundred years. Conservapedia - Recent changes [en]
- (Let me just note, en passant, that I don't believe for a moment that Farber "interpreted" Zerb's comment in any such manner.) Archive 2009-07-01
- You beat the declarer's coup en passant by means of an 'uppercut', a device belonging to the same family of card plays.
- We have seen a similar process occurring in Petrarch's visionary poem, where Laura exteriorizes en passant the process of fashioning a poetic self.
- Tradition wants the walker, en passant in front of a cairn, to add a stone, his stone, to enrich the landmark.
- * J'ai reussi a percer la defense des Godwin pour approcher ma soeur Lymsleia (desormais Reine de Falena en passant) * Je sens que la cavalerie des Dragons-Chevaux va ceder et prendre part a la guerre! pinku-tk Diary Entry
- En passant, he spoke about the deaths of Caporelli and the others. MAMBO
- Maneuvers such as castling or capturing en passant have been developed within the past few hundred years. Conservapedia - Recent changes [en]
- _Combatant_: when back to back, they are _Addorsed_: when passant or salient in contrary directions, they are _Counter passant_ or _Counter salient_. The Handbook to English Heraldry
- He mentions, en passant, that one of their friends turned up to the party wearing a tunic dress. Gay Dad