well-meaning ineptitude that rises to empyreal absurdity
the sublime beauty of the night
of or relating to the sky or heavens
the empyrean sphere
- the apparent surface of the imaginary sphere on which celestial bodies appear to be projected
How To Use empyrean In A Sentence
- The Pro Arte Quartet (plus cellist Anthony Pini) contributes a C-major Quintet whose first two movements ensure the work's place in the empyrean.
- From the ninth sphere to the empyrean, which is mere light. Paradise. Canto XXX
- The building itself, like the bell-ringing ceremonies inside, or indeed the activity on the hallowed floor itself, has been abstracted away from its original purpose and into the metaphysical empyrean of Higher Marketing: as much image as reality. Robert Teitelman: St. Patrick's Day as a Derivative Instrument
- Electronics and haunting effects bring an empyrean stillness to the album's middle third.
- The mahatma of the title, is helping Jack and Charley learn about their prospective brides (each is courting the other's sister) by offering to "tear your astral form from its sublunary habitation and send it gasping through the empyrean. The woe of an aspiring genius.
- empyrean aplomb
- To emulate a human realistically, you don't have to realistically capture the empyrean majesty of our imaginations.
- She genuinely, and far less self-interestedly than most, wanted to help propel young talent to the empyrean.
- My describing The Empyrean as a story is accurate from my viewpoint, but misleading, as there are no road signs to lead someone else to perceive a clear story out of it.
- The Empyrean is my new record and will be released worldwide via Record Collection on January 20th 2009.