[ UK /ɪmˈɪʃən/ ]
[ US /ɪˈmɪʃən/ ]
[ US /ɪˈmɪʃən/ ]
- the release of electrons from parent atoms
- a substance that is emitted or released
- the occurrence of a flow of water (as from a pipe)
- the act of emitting; causing to flow forth
any of several bodily processes by which substances go out of the body
the discharge of pus
How To Use emission In A Sentence
- However, the main problem with cap-and-trade schemes is that there no standard for calculating emissions. Times, Sunday Times
- It becomes more and more difficult to reduce raw emissions, especially for heavy and high-performance vehicles.
- The 18 new buses are diesel-electric hybrids, and they get 60 percent better fuel economy and provide up to a 90 percent reduction of certain emissions than the previous diesel buses.
- Many options for limiting greenhouse gas emissions are available in the short and medium term.
- At the extent of about 1/3 of the center of emission rim, the stimulated field density varies a little, can be basically considered as uniform field.
- Prisoner 651304 Hughes had been awarded three months loss of remission, plus the removal of televisual privileges for six weeks. THE SCAR
- Morphing "spacesuit" can adjust on astronaut's body to ensure perfect fit The 4-mm long 'peacock spider' and its mating ritual to attract a mate Walking while talking on cell phone risky for older people: Study LONDON - India has urged Western countries to stop eating beef in order to cut greenhouse emissions. Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- The old Mini was effectively killed off in 1999 by safety and emissions regulations.
- The European Union and Japan ratify the Kyoto protocol on climate change, binding themselves to cut greenhouse-gas emissions - by eight per cent from 1990 levels by 2008-12 in Europe, and by six per cent in Japan.
- For good reasons, developing nations reject cap-and-trade solutions, in part because it is impossible to define comparable cap-and-trade policies for radically differing economies in a fair manner; emission taxes would be much more commensurable between different economies. The Advantages of an Emissions Tax