[ UK /ɛmbɹˈɔɪdɐ/ ]
[ US /ɪmˈbɹɔɪdɝ/ ]
[ US /ɪmˈbɹɔɪdɝ/ ]
- decorate with needlework
- add details to
How To Use embroider In A Sentence
- Refreshed and regowned, again in dark colors unrelieved by any bright embroidery, Aene paced nervously along a subtly lit path towards the Castrea residence.
- burse" (Lat. _bursa_, Gr. [Greek: borsa], bag of skin) is particularly used of the embroidered purse which is one of the insignia of office of the lord high chancellor of England, and of the pouch which in the Roman Church contains the "corporal" in the service of the Mass. Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 4, Part 4 "Bulgaria" to "Calgary"
- He had chasubles, also, of amber-coloured silk, and blue silk and gold brocade, and yellow silk damask and cloth of gold, figured with representations of the Passion and Crucifixion of Christ, and embroidered with lions and peacocks and other emblems; dalmatics of white satin and pink silk damask, decorated with tulips and dolphins and fleurs-de-lis; altar frontals of crimson velvet and blue linen; and many corporals, chalice-veils, and sudaria. The Picture of Dorian Gray
- A very few quilts actually contain stenciled or embroidered designs along with the pieced or appliqué work.
- The instructor, a short, stocky, ex–Marine sergeant wearing black-rimmed glasses, navy pants, and a short-sleeved maroon shirt that had his name embroidered above the front pocket, was just what I would have expected. Muffins and Mayhem
- She showed me how to cover the cloth with an embroidery stitch which finally created a small, neat, round button.
- While the inmates of the home are provided with skill training in handicrafts, embroidery and sewing based on their aptitude, the children including those of sex workers are educated.
- The inn we occupied had one of these porches: Madame Barbot, our landlady, and her maid, were both dressed in Breton costume, with lace-trimmed embroidered caps and aprons of fine muslin, clear-starched and ironed with a perfection which the most accomplished "blanchisseuse du fin" of Paris would find it difficult to surpass. Brittany & Its Byways
- Her dress is of dark blue silk with a low-cut neck and a wide embroidered collar. PERDITA: The Life of Mary Robinson
- Free-motion machine embroidery, quilting and monogramming are all easier with this unique needle.