[ UK /ɪmˌæskjʊlˈeɪʃən/ ]
- loss of power and masculinity
- neutering a male animal by removing the testicles
How To Use emasculation In A Sentence
- In a period when greenishness is suddenly in vogue, the council backers (chiefly Bates and Capitelli) of the attempted emasculation of Berkeley's current effective preservation ordinance should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. The Berkeley Daily Planet, The East Bay's Independent Newspaper
- Objecting to the (perceived) emasculation of boys no more implies that women are views as inferior than objecting to the (percieved) defeminisation of a girl implies that men are viewed as inferior. Link Farm and Open Thread #16
- Our husbands and partners, she declares, have been domesticated to the point of emasculation.
- In his address Miller lamented what he called the emasculation of the province's powers and role with regard to local government. ANC Daily News Briefing
- Even as the threats of war loomed and grew more certain, Labor and the conservative parties connived in the emasculation of our fighting services.
- Tensions that resulted in the symbolic emasculation of our one great government institution supportive of the creative process of America's artists, the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). Raymond J. Learsy: In Paris an Art Fair Called 'FIAC' Stamps 'End' to the Perception of Contemporary Art as 'Elitist'
- This emasculation is reinforced in the staffing of devalued and disavowed reproductive labor activities on the American military base, with poor men of color migrating from South and Southeast Asia making up the vast majority of these workers. David Isenberg: The Feminine Side of Private Military Contractors
- Either way, I'd had enough of witnessing the destruction of my working class heritage, watching it being stripped of its dignity and worst of all, colluding in its own emasculation.
- The support group for testicular cancer survivors portends the emasculation our society has embraced, wept over, and become addicted to.
- The three fruits that were formed by flowers in the emasculation treatment were single follicles.