- the process of extracting one material from another by washing with a solvent to remove adsorbed material from an adsorbent (as in washing of loaded ion-exchange resins to remove captured ions); used to obtain uranium ions
How To Use elution In A Sentence
- Microporous filters that are more electropositive than the negatively charged filters currently used for virus concentrations from water by filter adsorption-elution methods were evaluated for poliovirus recovery from tap water.
- After separation by TLC and elution from the silica gel, ASG and SG were hydrolysed with 2 N methanolic HCl under reflux for 4 h at 100°C.
- Absorption-elution, on the other hand, was about 100 times more sensitive. The Stocking Strangler case
- The time taken for a component to pass through the column is called its elution time.
- Perhaps, Roberts speculated, Wegel had then gone on to perform absorption-elution — and only then detected the very low chemical levels that made him assert that the killer might be a weak secretor. The Stocking Strangler case
- Magnificats of Carpentrasso and Morales, as well as the _Te Deum_ and _Lumen ad revelutionem gentium_ of Costanzo Festa.] [Footnote 128: This basilic, which is the cathedral of the bishop of The Ceremonies of the Holy-Week at Rome
- Using the reverse phase system, this elution sequence is broadly in accordance with their polarities: aloe-emodin polar, and physcion, least polar is eluted last. Chapter 7
- The principle of filter elution is that the rate at which DNA strands are carried through a microporous filter by a fluid flow depends upon the length distribution of those strands.
- The di-iso-lysergic acid N,N-diethyl amide which remains absorbed on the alumia column as the second fluroescent zone is removed from the column by elution with chloroform. L.S.D., R.I.P.
- A model of chemical fractionation in ice based on differing elution rates for pairs of ions is developed as a proxy for summer melt 1130–1990. Road Map #3 « Climate Audit