[ US /ˈɛɫmˌwʊd/ ]
- hard tough wood of an elm tree; used for e.g. implements and furniture
How To Use elmwood In A Sentence
- This antique elmwood dresser with petite brass hardware is unfussy and beautiful. Apartment Therapy Main
- Visit www. elmwood alloutdoors. com or call 309-231-6040. News from www.pantagraph.com
- So I thought until I was stuck in traffic for a good hour and a half on elmwood, as drunk irish frat guys screamed "HEY" to me, or someone else in the road. Drunk & Irish
- So he asked if I could handle the Elmwood football game, since I was a sports reporter for my college paper.
- The grass was so green and warm that presently she lay down upon it, her head pillowed upon her arm, her eyes gazing through the fountain mist and down the emerald slopes to where ran the elmwood avenue. Sir Mortimer
- At the front of the garden is a pool of running water sculpted from elmwood. Times, Sunday Times
- Jonathan Sands, designer and founder of design business Elmwood agrees.
- He sat in his elmwood chair, rubbing its arm, declaring it the finest thing he had ever owned and lost. The Bonesetter's Daughter
- DeWine and Bortz believe the plan will appeal to struggling "first suburbs" - communities such as St. Bernard and Elmwood Place - that have found it difficult to maintain their once-ample tax bases and the city services they paid for. Archive 2006-11-01
- Brickyard was the closest mall to much of the north half of the city, and also to wealthier suburbs such as Oak Park, River Forest, and Elmwood Park. Labelscar: The Retail History and Dead Malls Blog