[ US /ɛˈɫaɪdʒə, iˈɫaɪdʒə/ ]
- a Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols; he was persecuted for rebuking Ahab and Jezebel (king and queen of Israel); he was taken up to heaven in a chariot of fire (circa 9th century BC)
How To Use Elijah In A Sentence
- Iris reticulata ‘Harmony’ with heuchera ‘Amethyst Myst’ and blue fescue, festuca glauca, ‘Elijah Blue’. Blue In The Garden-Part One « Fairegarden
- At the opposite pole from such informality was Elijah. Times, Sunday Times
- In the Bible, wasn't it crows and ravens that fed Elijah while he hid in the wilderness?
- The blue fescue, festuca glauca ‘Elijah Blue’, is looking suspiciously large as is the dianthus and mondo grass. The Knot Garden « Fairegarden
- The prophet Elijah's approach to this was direct: Confront the people and clarify the issues.
- Applying primarily to Timothy as a minister (compare 2Pe 1: 21), just as the term was used of Moses (De 33: 1), Samuel (1Sa 9: 6), Elijah, and Elisha; but, as the exhortation is as to duties incumbent also on all Christians, the term applies secondarily to him (so 2Ti 3: 17) as a Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible
- Jane Hamsher: Elijah Cummings Knew About $1 Billion in AIG Bonuses for "Months" -- Why Didn't Timothy Geithner? Jane Hamsher: Elijah Cummings Knew About $1 Billion in AIG Bonuses for "Months" -- Why Didn't Timothy Geithner?
- When Elijah complained, ‘they have slain your prophets, they have profaned your altars and only I am left’, the Lord replied, ‘What are you doing here?
- And someday Elijah will perform his greatest task, and announce the coming of the Messiah. THE UNORTHODOX MURDER OF RABBI MOSS
- I mean, obviously, because they are of different races and backgrounds: Elijah his roots are in Italy, Africa and Ireland; Mae-Mae is Vietnamese and Chinese; Aron is Filipino and part Native American. Ashley Van Buren: Mother Darling: Christine Ebersole's 'Wonderful Chaos' of Family