[ UK /ˈɛlɪmənt/ ]
[ US /ˈɛɫəmənt/ ]
[ US /ˈɛɫəmənt/ ]
the most favorable environment for a plant or animal
water is the element of fishes
an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system
a component or constituent element of a system
spare components for cars
- a straight line that generates a cylinder or cone
the situation in which you are happiest and most effective
in your element
- any of the more than 100 known substances (of which 92 occur naturally) that cannot be separated into simpler substances and that singly or in combination constitute all matter
one of four substances thought in ancient and medieval cosmology to constitute the physical universe
the alchemists believed that there were four elements
an abstract part of something
a key factor in her success
two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony
humor: an effective ingredient of a speech
jealousy was a component of his character
the grammatical elements of a sentence
How To Use element In A Sentence
- But there was an element of delusion, mild trickery even, about this process.
- A substantial element of the system is the set of physical exercises performed in pairs and again based on the idea of the power of co-operation.
- Background-position: background image in the canvas element in the targeted space, designated the upper left corner of the image relative to the level of canvas and vertical spacing interval .
- Based upon analysis of duplicate samples, reproducibility was better than 3% of the measured concentration of each element.
- Philips is also exploring the potential of applying LED to help 'declutter' city streets increasingly obscured by a variety of elements, including lighting fixtures. WebWire | Recent Headlines
- The features in this home are just too many to mention such as coffered ceilings, multi-light windows, heavy door and window casings, and other elements that give this home great charm. WN.com - Business News
- I was talking to a mom today whose daughter's elementary teacher said she was afraid that her daughter had "selective mutism. Canard - French Word-A-Day
- The interesting element of the game was that it required one to evaluate not films but people; that is, to sift through the prejudices of one’s movie-freak friends and the peccadilloes and quirks of the major reviewers, and by graphing, as it were, what each could be expected to overpraise, underpraise, revile, not notice, or deliberately ignore, one could acquire a very nice sense of the film. Film flam
- This constitutes one of the key elements in this reform programme.
- The transitional zones between low backgrounds of W Mo group elements and iron group and chalcophile elements are the favorable enriched zones of uranium deposits.