- a chemical bond in which one atom loses an electron to form a positive ion and the other atom gains an electron to form a negative ion
How To Use electrovalent bond In A Sentence
- There is one type of bonding called electrovalent bonding where an ion from one atom is transferred to another atom.
- Scientists also call ionic bonds electrovalent bonds.
- The bond that is formed between the two ions is an ionic bond (sometimes also called an electrovalent bond), and the compound produced is an ionic compound.
- They are ready to give up those two electrons in electrovalent bonds.
- Another type of bond that occurs when electrons are transferred between atoms is called an ionic bond (or electrovalent bond).
- Or they can just borrow them, and make an ionic bond (also called electrovalent bond).