- measuring instrument that detects electric charge; two gold leaves diverge owing to repulsion of charges with like sign
How To Use electroscope In A Sentence
- Step 3 : If the aluminum foil ball is repelled away from the dish, the electroscope works.
- This was used on his electroscopes and on his ionisation chambers for the work that he did with alpha particles.
- By suspending pieces of tape from a straw, you can build an electroscope, a device that detects electrical charge.
- After boiling it again, he measured the decay of the resulting radon gas with a gold leaf electroscope.
- In the Memoirs of the Roman Academy of Sciences for 1857 he published a description of his new divided ring electrometer, which is based on the old electroscope of Bohnenberger and since then he has introduced Heroes of the Telegraph
- Leaf electroscopes are very sensitive instruments useful in qualitative and quantitative investigations of static electrification.
- Electric and magnetic influences, 57 experiments with precious stones and pithball and electroscope, 57 experiments with tourmaline, 58, 59 The Chemistry, Properties and Tests of Precious Stones
- Consider a case in which the presence of an electrically charged body is determined by operations with an electroscope.