- a medical instrument that records the electrical waves associated with the activity of skeletal muscles
How To Use electromyograph In A Sentence
- The clinician used frontal placement for the surface electromyograph sensors.
- Colonic motor function has also been investigated with electromyography, the electrodes being attached to the mucosa in the intact human.
- In some cases, nerve conduction velocities and electromyography may be used to confirm the diagnosis if treatment for presumptive neuropathic heel pain fails to improve symptoms.
- Electromyography may show short-duration, small-amplitude, polyphasic motor units with an increased terminal innervation ratio (number of fibers innervated by a single anterior horn cell).
- In the segmental disorders, they are useful in determining muscle wasting, fatty infiltration, and in the selective involvement of muscle groups for muscle biopsy and electromyography sites.
- Laryngeal studies that can have both diagnostic and prognostic value include laryngeal videostroboscopy, laryngeal electromyography, and acoustic and aerodynamic measurements of laryngeal function.
- Other evaluation tools include surface electromyography, accelerometers, potentiometers, handwriting tremor analysis, and long-term tremor records.
- Results The main clinical presentations of PM/DM included amyosthenia, muscular tenderness, elevation of serum enzymes, accompanied by abnormal electromyography and muscular pathology.
- Using an electromyograph machine, our science gurus recorded activity in different muscles as our fearless test subject performed an assortment of popular moves.
- Seizures were verified by behavioral observations, electroencephalograph and electromyography.