- a cell containing an electrolyte in which an applied voltage causes a reaction to occur that would not occur otherwise (such as the breakdown of water into hydrogen and oxygen)
How To Use electrolytic cell In A Sentence
- But because electrons must be supplied to the cathode by an external power source to drive this process, the cathode in an electrolytic cell has a negative charge.
- Electrorefining works by running a current through an electrolyte solution via an electrolytic cell.
- A new potline -- rows of electrolytic cells used to refine aluminum from bauxite Rusal Forges On With Investment
- To get to distance from acceleration, the Rocket had to integrate twice-needed a moving coil, transformers, electrolytic cell, bridge of diodes, one tetrode (an extra grid to screen away capacitive coupling inside the tube), an elaborate dance of design precautions to get to what human eyes saw first of all-the distance along the flight path. Gravity's Rainbow
- A potline is a row of electrolytic cells used in the production of aluminum. Alcoa to restart idled Ferndale, Wenatchee operations | Puget Sound Business Journal
- Service life of aluminum electrolytic cell affects directly the economic benefit of aluminum smelting enterprise.
- The traditional second startup of electrolytic cell needs re - furnace loading and expense materials.
- Therefore, in electrolytic cells, the cathode is the negative terminal and the anode is the positive terminal.