[ UK /ɪlˈɛkt/ ]
[ US /ɪˈɫɛkt/ ]
[ US /ɪˈɫɛkt/ ]
I elected to have my funds deposited automatically
select by a vote for an office or membership
We elected him chairman of the board
an exclusive group of people
one of the elect who have power inside the government
selected as the best
an elect circle of artists
elected but not yet installed in office
the president elect
How To Use elect In A Sentence
- Before that I was the sales manager with a Bombay consumer electricals company.
- Several selections contain strings of double notes, primarily thirds and sixths.
- As I did at FIAC, I selected 18 galleries and asked their most anglophonic expert to pick an image and talk about it for under two minutes. Michael Kurcfeld: Doing Shots: The Old and the New at Paris Photo 2011 (VIDEO)
- Press Y to select evenly spaced columns.
- A second problem is damage caused by the buildup of excessive electrical charges in the plate from the unwanted ions.
- The scale of the economic gulf between the two parties came as two polls yesterday showed that the election remained wide open. Times, Sunday Times
- Mr. Sorapong, 35 years old, selected industrial estate developers Hemaraj Land & Development PCL and Amata Corporation PCL among his top picks, with Hemaraj returning 147% over the course of 2010 and Amata providing a 99% return on investment. Real Estate
- Two more debates are scheduled in the coming weeks, one debate dealing with education and health will be held in Irbid next week and the final week before elections the southern city of Karak will witness a candidates debate on agriculture and development. Daoud Kuttab: Jordanian Candidate Uses Debate to Call for Curtailing King's Powers
- We welcome submissions through e-mail because that saves us the bother of retyping the selected manuscripts.
- They are trying to rush through the draft resolution before the general election.