How To Use eighty-nine In A Sentence
- By August eighty-nine men were recorded in the hospital registers with having diarrhea or dysentery.
- What followed upon the loss of Communist Party and planned economy centralism was not so much ‘decentralization’, as many commentators suggested, as the formation of eighty-nine largely disconnected fiefs.
- Eighty-nine passengers slid down emergency chutes and jumped from the wings as smoke billowed from a toilet.
- At the press conference after our meeting, Kohl paid a moving tribute to Senator Fulbright, who had died shortly after midnight at the age of eighty-nine.
- Eighty-nine were flaked-stone tools; the ninetieth was a carefully shaped discoid, perhaps a mano or grinding stone.
- Eighty-nine per cent of respondents support television campaigns and publicity to promote safer sex and highlight the inherent risks of unprotected sex.
- One of Alex's friends loaned us a rusty Chevy Vega with eighty-nine thousand miles and worn-out shocks. A KING'S RANSOM
- WASHINGTON, Aug 26 (OneWorld. net) - Eighty-nine years after U.S. women finally won the right to vote, advocacy groups are pressing the Obama administration to promote women's equality worldwide and paying tribute to an "indefatigable" champion of women's rights, Senator Edward M. Kennedy. OneWorld.net (U.S.) - beyond your own borders
- The current Mayor Daley is now in his sixth term. He was first elected in nineteen eighty-nine to complete the term of Harold Washington, the city's first black mayor, who died in office.