[ US /ˈeɪt/ ]
[ UK /ˈeɪt/ ]
[ UK /ˈeɪt/ ]
- one of four playing cards in a deck with eight pips on the face
- the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
- being one more than seven
How To Use eight In A Sentence
- What we do not know are the precise weighting of factors that go into why prices increase at any particular time.
- Assuming that 15 pound breaking strain line is used, an angler using monofilament might have to use a six or eight ounce sinker and use a 20 lb class rod to carry that sinker weight.
- Receiving the round initial in the third quarter, the Rams would put together the 10-play, 61-yard expostulate immoderate 5 mins as great as finishing it off with the 6-yard TD pass from Stefkovich to So, TE, Joe Migliarese (Blue Bell, Pa.) to tighten the measure to twenty-nine twenty-eight TU. Archive 2009-12-01
- They blew up the line and derailed a freight train as well. Times, Sunday Times
- She was so tired she came home and conked out at eight o'clock.
- The lower opening is formed by the twelfth thoracic vertebra behind, by the eleventh and twelfth ribs at the sides, and in front by the cartilages of the tenth, ninth, eighth, and seventh ribs, which ascend on either side and form an angle, the subcostal angle, into the apex of which the xiphoid process projects. II. Osteology. 4. The Thorax
- Eating disorders, anorexia nervosa, and bulimia nervosa, are characterised by morbid preoccupation with weight and shape and manifest through distorted or chaotic eating behaviour.
- Sometime in the early eighteen hundreds, they trekked to the flat plain between the Ohio River and Lake Erie and settled in Mount Vernon, which was then a few small buildings in a forest of tall trees. A Renegade History of the United States
- Eight children were crammed into the back of the car.
- Take the maximum draw weight of the bow required and multiply this by a factor of 5.