[ US /ˈɛfɪˌkæsi/ ]
[ UK /ˈɛfɪkəsi/ ]
[ UK /ˈɛfɪkəsi/ ]
capacity or power to produce a desired effect
concern about the safety and efficacy of the vaccine
How To Use efficacy In A Sentence
- Every Est é e Lauder formula has undergone stringent evaluation for ingredient integrity, non - irritancy and overall efficacy.
- And such is the infatuating efficacy of their prejudicate persuasion herein, that it hath had two marvellous effects; -- the one against the light of nature, and the other against the fundamental principles of religion. The Sermons of John Owen
- “When Prayer Fails: Faith Healing, Children, and the Law” is the first book to look unflinchingly at the tragic cases of children who have died because their parents place absolute faith in the power of prayer rather than in the efficacy of modern medicine. Christian Scientists pushing change in Wisconsin prayer law
- The treatment process and efficacy, judicial program evaluation, establishing assessment tools, sex offense prevention education, and treatment program evaluation were popular topics recently.
- Its safety and efficacy as an anticonvulsant drug given intramuscularly have been shown in several studies in animals and humans (adults and children).
- He later (2003 and 2005, 21-5) adduced a specific instance of such a change in emphasis, showing that Ammonius glosses over the doctrine of ˜divine names™, their natural origin and theurgic efficacy. The Garbage House
- These MAb are expected to synergistically enhance the efficacy of current treatment options and have a superior safety profile in the management of highly resistant bacteria. GEN News Highlights
- Events which followed confirmed the efficacy of the declaration and its timing.
- On March 11, 2009, Scott S. Reuben, former chief of acute pain at Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Mass., revealed that data for 21 studies he had authored for the efficacy of the drug along with others such as celecoxib had been fabricated in order to augment the analgesic effects of thedrugs. The Volokh Conspiracy » The AMA Open to Medical Marijuana Research
- Some ‘off licence’ indications are substantiated by some evidence, but its efficacy in several other conditions is based on anecdote and observations made in small numbers of patients.