How To Use effendi In A Sentence
- An extravagant amount of baksheesh removed any doubts they may have had, nor would they be inclined to question the command of an effendi. LION IN THE VALLEY
- The _cavass_ in charge of the servants was beginning to be fussy, in fear that while we were dawdling about the one train might come and go, and the _sitts_ and _effendis_ be left to the limited accommodations of Aïasulouk for the night. Lippincott's Magazine of Popular Literature and Science, Volume 22. July, 1878.
- Effendi said: "In a particular environment, such as multi-national Forum, he should be allowed to use English;
- Remember, effendi, if Yusuf come we go way chabouk. The Veiled Lady and Other Men and Women
- It was a mixed ritual of colours here in boot and hat: yellow for Mussulman, red boots, black calpac for Armenian, for the Effendi a white turban, for the Greek a black. The Purple Cloud
- And you who bear authority over these benighted people, whether under the name of pasha, effendi, or mollah, let me advise you, although an unpromising subject for advice, not to act the stupid as well as barbarous part of riveting your nations in chains. A Philosophical Dictionary
- 'Effendi, do you think that a man can conquer Syria, who is not called a caliph? Sketches
- One time Shaykh Muhammad al-Madani's neighbor, Hasan Muhammad al-Effendi, came to him and said, "I want to go and fight and die as a martyr.