- King of England who was crowned at the age of 13 on the death of his father Edward IV but was immediately confined to the Tower of London where he and his younger brother were murdered (1470-1483)
How To Use Edward V In A Sentence
- He became King George VI upon the abdication of his brother, King Edward VIII, later duke of Windsor.
- Unfortunately, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers will still be on hand, but I expect I will watch anyway, to see how the show comes out I do wish the show was going to continue and gives us the reigns of Edward VI, Mary I, and Elizabeth. Requiem for a Queen
- Reddy believes that the abdication of Edward VIII was a continuation of the War of the Roses.
- Edward VI notwithstanding, and that the holding of wardmotes in the borough would materially interfere with the duties of an ancient officer known as a seneschal or steward of Southwark, the petition could not be complied with, except by application to the legislature, and that such a course would neither be expedient or advisable. London and the Kingdom - Volume I
- In "Thersites," the author, by the epilogue, has noted the precise time of its being written, in mentioning the birth of Prince Edward (afterwards King Edward VI.), which happened the 12th of August 1537, and invoking the Almighty to save the "Queen, lovely Lady Jane," who is supposed to have died the second day after that event. A Select Collection of Old English Plays, Volume 1
- 1911 - George V is crowned King of the United Kingdom, succeeding his father, Edward VII.
- When he rejoined the RAF in a few weeks, the facial hair came off—long before he had the chance to shape it into the full beard for which kings Edward VII and George V not to mention their cousin Czar Nicholas II were famous. William and Kate
- King Edward VIII abdicated in 1936 so that he could marry Mrs Simpson, a divorced woman.
- Less vocal (for reasons of state), Britain's gamesome King Edward VII and gamey King Leopold II of the Belgians were just as intime chez Maxim.
- She was ten when her father Albert, Duke of York, became king after Edward VIII abdicated in 1936.