- son of Ethelred the Unready; King of England from 1042 to 1066; he founded Westminster Abbey where he was eventually buried (1003-1066)
How To Use Edward the Confessor In A Sentence
- Edward the Confessor granted the land to the Abbey of Westminster, and it was disafforested in 1218. Mayfair, Belgravia, and Bayswater The Fascination of London
- The first known royal palace to occupy Parliament's site was Edward the Confessor's (c1065).
- It is known as a Rhenish helm – a style imported from the Rhineland in the time of Edward the Confessor, and this is the only surviving British example. Early medieval architecture in Britain: examples from the era
- For Alfred is generally stiled by the same historians the legum Anglicanarum conditor, as Edward the confessor is the restitutor. Top-Meldungen - JuraBlogs.com
- The state jewels were accordingly brought from the Tower of London and the medieval coronation regalia and vestments, several pieces of which had almost certainly belonged to Edward the Confessor, from Westminster Abbey.
- Mrs Culpepper was to my certain knowledge an Easter communicant and not much more at St Edward the Confessor's, our parish church. THE DISPOSAL OF THE LIVING
- On his return to England in 1042, as Edward the Confessor, he promoted many of these Frenchmen into positions of influence, as a counterbalance to the overweening power of the Godwine family.
- Filmed on location in castles and churches, at the sites of coronations, battles and murders, the series brings to life the colourful characters of Edward the Confessor and William the Conqueror among others.