- English astronomer who used Newton's laws of motion to predict the period of a comet (1656-1742)
How To Use Edmond Halley In A Sentence
- The comet is visible to the naked eye, and in the 1700s astronomer Edmond Halley was the first to correctly predict its return, calculating that the comet comes back every 76 years.
- 1742- English astronomer Edmond Halley died at age 85.
- The first to been seen was in 1639, and the time between transits was later predicted by Edmond Halley (the guy with the comet).
- Edmond Halley , English astronomer and mathematician , renowned for studies of comets , was born in London.
- The next major figure in the history of transits of Venus was Edmond Halley, of comet fame.
- The author was the astronomer Edmond Halley, who is far better known today for having a famous comet named after him.
- In 1716, English astronomer Edmond Halley noted, "This is but a little Patch, but it shews itself to the naked Eye, when the Sky is serene and the Moon absent.