- a city in northwestern Turkey; a Thracian town that was rebuilt and renamed by the Roman Emperor Hadrian
How To Use Edirne In A Sentence
- But the Turkish border with Greece introspection Frontier Province Edirne is that this wall may be no effect.
- On 27 March 2009, Yaşar Sert (35) killed Şükrü Gençer (57) for suggesting a sexual relation (Edirne). Suspected murderer of trans rights activist arrested in Turkey
- From here, the novel follows Vlad Dracula from his days as a young hostage at Sultan Murad's court in Edirne through his tumultuous career as a fugitive, a warlord Prince, a prisoner and a noble in the court of the king of Hungary. Archive 2009-03-01
- Talaat received an appointment to serve as a deputy for Edirne in the Turkish Parliament. Pursuit of an 'Unparalleled Opportunity': The American YMCA and Prisoner of War Diplomacy among the Central Power Nations during World War I
- Near the town of Adrianople, now Edirne, Valens organized his forces in battle formations. Gold coins of Emperor Valens found in Egypt : Coin Collecting News
- They were covered by the Vilayets of Edirne and Salonika. The Volokh Conspiracy » Israeli Version of Ship Incident
- Most of them came from two small towns: Silivri, in the outskirts of Istanbul, and Kirklareli (Kirklisse) near Edirne. Cuba.
- The Consulate will also have responsibility for western Turkish provinces of Tekirdag, Edirne, Kirklareli, Izmir, Baliksehir, Bursa and Manisa which include the popular tourist destinations of Izmir, Kusadesi and Bursa. Improved Consular Assistance for Australian Travellers to Gallipoli
- During the Balkan wars and World War I the women operated workshops in the schools that produced sheets and bandages for hospitals in the large cities of Edirne and Istanbul and ran a fundraising and assistance network within the Jewish and local communities. Turkey: Ottoman and Post Ottoman.
- Struggling to cope with the hundreds of migrants who are entering Greece every day through an inhospitable, unmonitored stretch of the country's border with Turkey near the town of Edirne, Athens appealed to Brussels for help at the weekend. Armed EU guards to patrol Greece-Turkey border