devouring or craving food in great quantities
a rapacious appetite
ravenous as wolves
How To Use edacious In A Sentence
- Rodians evolved as hunters, killing much of the wildlife and predacious species on their planet to extinction.
- The last animals were such accomplished killers that they achieved a level of professionalism rarely seen among predacious beasts.
- Thus, the predacious larvae do not increase in number as a result of resource dynamics.
- I had a prof. several semesters ago who constantly spoke of the "edacious deglutition of pig". Languagehat.com: ADMINICLE.
- Is the writerly part of me so insensitive, so edacious, that I while I am struck with sorrow a part of me is looking for ways to express it in writing? posted by Dean at Unimaginable
- edacious vultures
- After this Hugo, not contented with the tragedy of the edacious murderer, gives us seven pages of his favourite rhetoric in _saccadé_ paragraphs on the general question. A History of the French Novel, Vol. 2 To the Close of the 19th Century
- I reminded my talented young parishioner and friend that Concord Bridge had long since yielded to the edacious tooth of Time. The Complete Poetical Works of James Russell Lowell
- a predacious kind of animal--the early geological gangster
- These flies do not bite or sting humans, and are considered beneficial, as they are predacious on aphids and other insects.